Last Revised: December 26, 2019
This policy describes the Company’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing the personal data it may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at www.ContinentalAdvisers.com (the “Website”) and the Company’s practices for collecting, using, keeping, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to the personal data collected through the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand the Company’s policies and practices for processing and storing your personal data. By engaging with the Website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued engaging with the Website after any such revisions indicates that you accept and consent to them, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information the Company Collects About You and How the Company Collects It
The Company collects several types of information from and about users of the Website, which the Company has grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth, government-issued photo identification, and social security number.
- Contact Data includes postal address, email address, and telephone number.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from the Company.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Company’s Website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from the Company and its third parties and your communication preferences.
The Company also collects, uses, and shares Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, the Company may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if the Company combines or connects Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, the Company treats the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this policy.
The Company collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Company.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, the Company’s business partners.
Information You Provide to the Company
The information the Company collects on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact the Company.
- Your responses to surveys that the Company might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your requests.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “user contributions”). Your user contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for that information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, the Company cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your user contributions. Therefore, the Company cannot and does not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your user contributions.
Information the Company Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, the Company may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connect, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information the Company collects automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but the Company may maintain it or associate it with personal information the Company collects in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps the Company to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling the Company to:
- Estimate the Website’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing the Company to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the the Website and the Company’s emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The Company does not collect personal information automatically, but it may tie this information to personal information about you that the Company collects from other sources or you provide to the Company.
The Company does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How the Company Uses Your Information
The Company uses information that it collects about you or that you provide to the Company, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To create and manage your account.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from the Company.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out the Company’s obligations and enforce its rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and it.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services the Company offers or provides through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- To administer the Website and conduct internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- To improve the Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising the Company serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
The Company may also use personal data to contact you about its own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want the Company to use your data in this way, please send the Company an email at email@example.com or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How the Company Uses and Discloses Your Information.
The Company may use the information it has collected from you to enable the Company to display advertisements to its advertisers’ target audiences. Even though the Company does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
The Company may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
The Company may disclose personal information that it collects or you provide as described in this policy:
- To its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties the Company uses to support its business, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance. The Company contractually requires these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. The Company contractually requires these third parties to keep personal information confidential and uses it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them. For more information, see Choices About How the Company Uses and Discloses Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, when you post comments, contributions, or other content to the Website, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Website in perpetuity.
- For any other purposes that the Company discloses when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
The Company may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Company’s Terms-of-Service Agreement and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If the Company believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How the Company Uses and Discloses Your Information
The Company strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to it. The Company has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote its own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by unchecking the relevant box (if pre-checked) located on the form on which the Company collects your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending the Company an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the Company has sent you a promotional email, you may send the Company a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions.
The Company does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send the Company an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to the Company. The Company cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. The Company will not accommodate a request to change information if the Company believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your user contributions from the Website, copies of your user contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including user contributions, is governed by the Company’s Terms-of-Service Agreement.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. The Company is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information it collects and that is why the Company provides you the ability to opt out. But the Company does not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding the Company’s use of your personal information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding the Company’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to the Company is stored on the Company’s secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where the Company has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The Company asks you not to share your password with anyone. The Company urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the Company does its best to protect your personal information, the Company cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. The Company is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.